September 7, 2010

Women in the kitchen, Men on their...

Ok, for real. I'm sick of this crap. What year is it? Hold on, let me check... Oh, that's right, it's 2010. Not 1950, 1960, etc. Women don't BELONG in the kitchen anymore and if you feel that way then get a ... grip. You need a reality check.

Unfortunately, my father still feels that way. Women belong in the kitchen and doing all the house work and gardening etc, and men belong working, sitting on their ... or doing the "manual labor" in the yard. Then there's my brother who doesn't belong doing anything except for maybe once a month when he helps with stuff out in the yard... I'm sick of it! It's days like these that I wish I could get out of this house and not have to deal with this crap anymore! But then I give myself a reality check and realize that I can't afford it, would hate it, and wouldn't be able to handle it on my own. Between school work, cleaning, yard work, kids, cooking, and everything else, I don't know how some single moms do everything. I did it for a while, but there were times that I had to spend an entire day cleaning because I just couldn't keep up with it. I also didn't have as much homework when I was going to school online either.

That's all. I just had to get all of that out. I'm sick of the "woman's place" thing in my family. I need to take care of myself, my kids, and our area. That's all I should be responsible for. I do provide most of the groceries for EVERYONE in the family still every month so I am NOT living at home for free. I think I'm done venting now.

"We do not believe if we do not live and work according to our belief." ~Heidi Wills

No comments: