September 9, 2010

Yay for good days!

Well today was a pretty good day. The only "complaint" for today was that I was a little bit dumb and waited until the last minute (as usual) to finish 6 hours of homework in about 2 hours time. Well, of course in that 2 hour time frame, my internet decided to go off and on numerous times. I called my neighbor who watches my kids from 4:30-5:30 on Wednesdays so I can get to class on time and asked her if I could bring the kids over about a half hour early. She said it wasn't a problem so I took them over and I headed to the computer lab at school just praying that the internet was okay there. We had a pretty good wind storm today and I think that is what was causing the problems with our internet at home... So, that's out of the way, I got the homework done at 4:45 and class started at 5... Well, after today, I vowed to myself that I'm not doing that anymore. So I have a weekly presentation on MLK Jr due next Wednesday along with my 7-10 page research paper on subversion and the role of the trickster in African American Literature. Fun. Yeah. I also have a paper due for Sociology 101 next Friday. So, in the next 10 days, I have a total of 3 papers due. So I came home tonight and decided that I was going to do my reading that I had to do for my presentation for next week. That took about 2 1/2 hours. It wasn't bad reading though. I actually kind of enjoyed it. I had to read MLK, Jr's letter from a Birmingham jail and I had to read his "I Have A Dream" speech. Easy stuff. I will prepare my presentation tomorrow and do a little bit of research to learn more about MLK Jr. That should only take about 2 hours of my day (nap time work!). Then I will start my 7-10 page paper for African American Lit. Once that is finished (hopefully by Sunday) I will start my paper for Sociology 101. I need to get myself on a better schedule and a little more organized with school work. Earlier today I decided that instead of leaving Facebook, my knitting forums, and my photography forums open in tabs, I need to close them when I am in "homework mode". By closing them, I am less likely to get distracted by them and waste valuable homework time. I may or may not be quiet on Facebook for a few weeks, we will see how things go. I have Facebook on the iPhone but it only really allows me to read people's statuses and comment on them. I can't do any apps on it (if I can, I don't know how and don't want to know how) so I don't have to worry about being on Facebook for hours. I only pick my knitting up to calm me down when I am frustrated or aggravated, so that shouldn't be too much of an issue either :)

So, long story short... Today was a pretty good day and I won't be on Facebook and other "social sites" very much over the next few weeks! Good night everyone!

"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right?" ~Charles M. Schulz

No comments: